Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Shalden Round

While in the UK on business I had the chance to do some running along the trails between the fields and woods south of Basingstoke.

It was extremely muddy, at one point I had to wade through a puddle that came over my knees, but I had an excellent time and logged around 18 miles in a little over 3 1/2 hours.

Following a good hosing down outside, a warm shower and some dry clothes, I had a cracking Sunday lunch laid on by my brother and his family for my parents and me; needless to say, I felt very relaxed after such strenuous exercise and a large meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been running since I found that I was not that good at ball sports at school. In 2006 I ran the New York marathon with my brother and completed a 50K race each year following that. In 2011 I did my first 50 miler, the Ocean to Sound, and in 2012 I got into the Marathon des Sables for April 2013. I will be raising money for Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières. I am also looking for corporate sponsorship.