Friday, February 1, 2013

Eliminator 24 Goggles Review

I tried out the Eliminator 24 goggles from Global Vision during an extremely cold and windy run on Fire Island.
The goggles are photo chromatic so you can wear them for wind protection day and night; they also have foam gaskets for a good face seal and are vented to reduce fogging.
It was well below freezing and blowing like crazy during the test so the temperature difference between my face and the lens interior must have been in the order of 70 degF. Hardly surprising then that running with the wind behind me resulted in fogging within 30 minutes; however, after de-icing them for the return run into the wind I was able to run for over a hour and a half without issue, suggesting that, when given a chance, the venting is certainly up to the job.
With a comfortable fit and good photo chromatic performance these are excellent value for money (you can pick them up for around $30) and I will certainly be packing them for the MDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been running since I found that I was not that good at ball sports at school. In 2006 I ran the New York marathon with my brother and completed a 50K race each year following that. In 2011 I did my first 50 miler, the Ocean to Sound, and in 2012 I got into the Marathon des Sables for April 2013. I will be raising money for Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières. I am also looking for corporate sponsorship.