Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lunch for the next few weeks

A quick trip to the shops has yielded an interesting mix of freeze dried and dehydrated meals.
I have to carry at least 2,000 calories per day (competition rules), but I will probably take more than that to avoid starving myself: the average dinner for two in these packs is 800 calories: I burn more than that on my longer mid-week training runs.
I tried to choose only savory options (I'll be eating sweet stuff while running) and avoided rice (which never seems to rehydrate well); the next thing is to find out how they taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been running since I found that I was not that good at ball sports at school. In 2006 I ran the New York marathon with my brother and completed a 50K race each year following that. In 2011 I did my first 50 miler, the Ocean to Sound, and in 2012 I got into the Marathon des Sables for April 2013. I will be raising money for Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières. I am also looking for corporate sponsorship.